The best way is to keep insects off your plants is to practice good Tower Garden hygiene.
- Don’t have plants in regular soil near your Tower Garden.
- Between plantings,
- Clean netpots thoroughly and soak them in a 10/1 solution of hot water and vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Use a wet rag to clean the inside of the pots.
- Keep the side of the Tower Garden clean.
- If you start seedlings on the Tower Garden base, replace the water daily. (Follow this seed starting procedure.)
If you do get insects,try these ideas. If these ideas don’t work, you’re better off pulling the plants, cleaning the Tower Garden from top to bottom, and replanting.
The best way to keep diseases from your plants is to practice good Tower Garden hygiene.
If you follow the above precautions for insects, it will be rare that you have diseases on your plants – especially if you’re growing indoors. If you do find something on the leaves that you don’t expect, here’s a great article to help.